Thursday, February 4, 2010

For my AT&T friends…


Innerduct is being placed in Eldoret. Soon a fiber optic cable will be installed in it. Eldoret is going fiber. I asked one of my engineer friends at the hospital about it and he confirmed that they will have a fiber optic connection to the world and the hospital will be connected to it.

Also FYI for my AT&T friends, Susan and I brought a couple of older unlocked GSM tri-band phones with us and bought local SIM cards and prepaid minutes. Our entire group has cell phones with Kenya phone numbers for the trip. Being able to communicate while we get dispersed doing different things is very valuable.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kyle,

    Some things are just like home. Thanks for all the great pix, keep them coming! Have a safe trip home.

    Bob B.

    ReplyDelete