Friday, February 6, 2015

Showerhead technology

I have previously written about the hot water showerheads here. Most homes don't have a hot water heater and two-pipe (hot and cold) indoor plumbing. These showerheads have an electric line going to them and they have a little heater inside that heats the water as it's passing through. It's a great thing to have here and a great idea, but there is a trade-off between water pressure and temperature. The more you turn up the pressure, the cooler the output of the shower becomes. So do you want more water that's rather lukewarm at best? Or a nice hot trickle? Well, our shower head has been replaced with a new model sometime over the last year. Apparently they have improved the technology and efficiency. You can now have a pretty reasonably hot shower. It's a noticeable improvement this year.

Oh, but I do miss my Kohler shower head at home. It was a gift from Aunt Ellen, my aunt by marriage. She works for Kohler in Sheboygan, Wisconsin. This showerhead has a built-in bluetooth speaker. So I can listen to whatever I want from my iPhone while I'm in the shower (usually ESPN). The speaker module is removable. It is held in place by hidden magnets. I just pop it out every week or two and charge the internal battery. It's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment