Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pharmacy

Yesterday I started getting a scratchy sore throat. (I blame the lady with the hacking cough who was sitting next to us on the flight from Amsterdam to Nairobi.)

So I stopped in one of the many little pharmacies in Eldoret for some throat lozenges. The pharmacies are small and everything is behind the counter. You can't just pick up things and take them to a cashier. So I asked for throat lozenges for a sore throat. They offered me a choice of a couple of flavors, and then asked me how many I wanted. That's how many things are sold here. To make them more affordable, you don't have to buy the whole package. For example, I've seen where one can buy a single cigarette. Anyway, I splurged and bought an entire package of 16 lozenges for a total of 250ksh, about $3.

No comments:

Post a Comment