Monday, June 20, 2016

It's good to be me

Travel time from our house in Ukiah, California to arriving at our hotel in Kigali, Rwanda, was about 26 hours - with about 20 of those hours trapped in a cramped aluminum tube flying above the earth.

But now we've had a little sleep and are settled in. Susan is in a conference room doing her thing.  But it's good to be me.  I'm having lunch poolside, enjoying chicken somosas, chips (fries), and a cold Mützig beer. My watch says it's 4:00 at home.

Mützig beer is considered to be the best "local" beer by many.  According to Wikipedia, it dates to 1810 in Mutzig, France.  Mützig is considered a flagship African brand and is currently owned by Heineken.  The name was Germanicized by adding the umlaut (for marketing purposes) and launched in Africa in 1987.

1 comment:

  1. I am insanely jealous. Unfortunately, had I gone to the meeting, I would be in a conference room rather than poolside.

    ReplyDelete